Work Days: Monday – Friday and Weekends as required
Supervisor: Case Manager Coordinator
The incumbent will perform duties associated with providing support services to those in homeless and transitional housing settings.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Initiate and maintain appropriate professional social interactions with program clients and assist clients as needed
2. Respond effectively to emergency situations. (medical, mental health, interpersonal, facility)
3. Provide Crisis intervention as needed, including determining when it is necessary to involve other staff and/or the authorities or emergency teams
4. Prepare and submit Incident reports in a manner consistent with CAA policies and procedures.
5. Enforce facility policies and procedures.
6. Provide general life skills trainings in individual and group settings.
7. Provide crisis intervention for individuals throughout our service region utilizing the Coordinated Entry system.
8. Coordinate entry of homeless individuals into facilities throughout the region.
9. Coordinate client services with Case managers and other Support Service Staff.
10. Provide client transportation.
11. Conduct and record hourly rounds of facilities to maintain safety and security of program clients
12. Monitor bedrooms, bathrooms, living spaces, and shelter grounds for both safety and cleanliness
13. Complete nightly progress notes detailing client interaction
14. Inventory and purchase of facility supplies.
15. Perform data entry and file maintenance
16. Perform inspection of facility and prepare work orders
17. Perform general housekeeping of facility and refuse removal to ensure cleanliness
18. Ensure sidewalks are free of safety hazards such as snow/ice/debris
19. Keep records/files of clients and funders in an orderly manner
20. Perform program client intake, screening, diversion, referrals, scheduling, and follow up, as needed
21. Assist with collection of statistics for reporting
22. Assist with CSD program functions
23. Maintain order and cleanliness of work area and facilities.
24. Send nightly email to program staff detailing needs, concerns, etc.
25. Communicate with program staff, as needed
26. Perform general clerical/receptionist functions, as needed
27. Maintain confidentiality of all contacts and communications
28. Develop a working knowledge of CAA policies and procedures
29. All other duties as assigned
1. High School/GED Diploma, with associate degree in related field preferred.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills
3. Knowledge of CAA mission and quality policies
4. Have good analytical ability and sound judgment
5. Ability to provide trauma informed care
6. Ability to assess emergency situations and respond effectively
7. Ability to multi-task and work with little supervision
8. Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries in working with clients
9. Must be able to travel for training, work performance, and stay overnight
10. Must believe in service to customer philosophy
11. Must be bondable
12. Must have an acceptable driving record for the insurance company
13. No felony convictions
14. Ability to understand and implement federal & state regulations governing program activities
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced and often high-stress environment, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to workload changes
2. Ability to deal with inside and outside clientele and vendors in a diplomatic and courteous manner while assuring adherence to CAA policies/procedures
3. Above average oral, reading and writing skills to accurately operate a computer, perform necessary documentation and effectively communicate with staff, clients, customers, business partners, other CAA departments, and visitors
4. Frequent walking and sitting
5. Occasional lifting, reaching, standing, and kneeling
6. Seldom climbing, pushing, and running
1. Numerous interruptions
2. Swing shift schedule to include days, afternoon, nights.
3. Ability to remain calm and cheerful under stressful working conditions
4. 80% indoor / Some outdoor work will be required (20%) attending fairs, festivals, etc. to promote programs. Could be exposed to fumes, odors, dirt, cold and humidity.
Additional Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
1. 90-day probationary period for front line staff and 180-day probationary period for Supervisor, Managers and Directors.
2. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
3. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test.
4. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of an employee physical, including a TB test.