Lisbon –The Community Action Rural Transit System (CARTS), including Make the Connection, is operating with caution to prevent the spread of germs, the novel coronavirus, and to protect the safety of its passengers and employees. Our passengers can rest assured that we are implementing rigorous and effective cleaning protocols.
The safety and well-being of passengers, employees and the general public remain a top priority of CARTS, which has begun other measures related to COVID-19. These include:
- Multiple daily cleanings on buses and offices
- Providing hand sanitizer to employees
- Providing operators with protective gloves
- Sanitizing buses with hospital-grade cleaner daily
- Limiting, as much as possible, the number of clients on a vehicle at one time
Beginning Monday, March 23, the following service adjustments are intended to reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19), while recognizing the needs of those in our community who rely on public transportation. These schedule changes will be in effect until further notice:
- The Make the Connection Shuttle will not be operating on Saturdays.
- Service will end at 6:00 pm county-wide Monday through Friday.
- The Make the Connection Shuttle will only run from 9:00 am through 3:00 pm Monday through Friday, with a final pick up at Walmart at 3:45 pm.
We will continue to follow guidance from Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), Center for Disease Control (CDC), local health departments, and the State of Ohio to take the proper steps to prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage passengers to follow the CDC guidelines for germ prevention. These tips include:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, if no tissue is available cough or sneeze in the crevice of your elbow.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 secs.
- If soap and water is not available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, avoid public areas, including riding public transit. Call your primary health provider and inform them of your symptoms.
We are asking clients to utilize our passes as much as possible to avoid the exchange of money. Passes can be purchased with a credit/debit card by calling (330) 424-4015.