Work Days: Monday – Friday and Weekends as required
Supervisor: Case Manager Coordinator
The incumbent will perform intake and assessment on customers striving to achieve self-sufficiency. The incumbent will provide services related to motivating and mitigating barriers of at-risk youth and adults.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Perform client intake and assessment for Community Service Department including HEAP /CSBG programs.
2. Assist with all homeless prevention programs
3. Perform client intake and assessment for Homeless program services
4. Provide weekly case management to clients
5. Perform outreach and serve as housing locator
6. Determine program eligibility based on criteria established by funding sources/program.
7. Work with participants under the housing and employment program in their efforts to reach self-sufficiency goals by creating plans that are clear, measurable, realistic, and timely. These plans will be created by identifying motivation and desires in participants while identifying and mitigating barriers to success.
8. Provide employment training case plan with Case Manager-Job Coaches and assess progress toward employment goals.
9. Provide case management service to clients
10. Make appropriate referrals to in-house programs or other organizations for assistance
11. Perform Initial, exit interviews, follow up with customers
12. Enter client information in all required databases determined by funding sources
13. Conduct training sessions on a variety of topics in both an individual and group setting.
14. Maintain thorough and complete record of all client activity
15. Establish and maintain relationships within the business sector to coordinate employment placement.
16. Attend appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings
17. Coordinate supportive services
18. Support program staff and work as a team to accomplish agency, department, and daily operational program goals.
19. Attend training sessions that may require overnight and/or out of town travel
20. Assist with grant and report preparation
21. Maintain client confidentiality
22. Transport clients on an as-needed basis.
23. Other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of Bachelor Degree, preferably in field of Health and Human Service
2. Must have an insurable driver’s license.
3. Must have reliable transportation.
4. Ability to remain calm under pressure and diffuse conflict situations
5. Self-starter with the ability to organize and follow through on assignments.
6. Good written and oral communication skills.
7. Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
8. Must have basic math and computer skills.
9. Must be able to communicate with a diverse clientele on a one to one and group setting
10. Must complete a criminal background check with no felony convictions.
11. Ability to obtain required HUD counselor certification within one year.
Frequently Occasionally Seldom
Sitting Lifting - up to 25 lbs Running
A large percentage (95%) of the time will be indoors. 5% of the time may be outdoors with exposure to odors, dirt, occasional fumes and the general public.