COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAMS
Our Community Services department works to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty. CAA administers the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), which supports programs that address the needs of the community to increase self-sufficiency, improve living conditions, and help build stronger communities and families. Funding is provided through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services.
About the Community Services Block Grant
CSBG funding supports projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities
- Address the needs of low-income individuals, including the homeless, migrants, and the elderly
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services, and/or health
With the support of CSBG funding, states and community action agencies work together to achieve the following goals for low-income individuals:
- Increased self-sufficiency
- Improved living conditions
- Ownership of and pride in their communities
- Strong family and support systems
We continually seek new opportunities to assist the residents of our community through various grants in addition to CSBG. Because our programs and services are grant-funded, our offerings may vary based on available funding and eligibility requirements may change. To learn more about our programs, call 330-424-4013.